Privacy and Cookies Policy
SOP International Online Store is operated by SOP International LTD. Our company number is 1865316. Our registered office is at ICON, Grafton House, Third Ave, Harlow CM19 5AW. Our website address is www.sopinternational.com
This privacy & cookies policy sets out our privacy practices relating to the use of our website and explains how we are going to use any personal information we collect about you when you use this website.
This privacy & cookies policy also tells you what your rights are over your personal information and how to exercise those rights.
If you have any questions about this policy or the ways in which we use your personal information, please contact: Data Protection Coordinator, ICON, Grafton House, Third Ave, Harlow CM19 5AW. / 01279 969 888 /email@example.com
Our intention is to collect and use certain personal information that can be associated with you (including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and information about your on-line activities).
This privacy & cookies policy answers the following questions – please click on the links below to take you directly to the answers to each question:
Types of personal information we collect.
we will collect and use the following personal information about you:
Data provided by you: This is information provided by you when registering for an account, placing an order with us, searching for a product, as well as subscribing to our newsletter.
The personal information will include your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, credit card or other payment information.
If you communicate with us electronically, including by e-mail, telephone or fax, this communication may be randomly monitored and/or recorded to protect the interests of our business and our customers. This includes for the purposes of maintaining customer/service quality standards, detection of and/or prevention of crime and to ensure that our employees comply with legal obligations and our policies and procedures (including our customer relations practices).
Data collected automatically: With regard to each of your visits to our website, we will automatically collect information about your visit including:
- The URL you came from;
- The IP address used to connect your computer to the internet;
- Your domain type (for example. co.uk and .com);
- Your browser type;
- The country and telephone area code where your computer is located;
- The pages of our website that were viewed during your visit;
- The advertisements you clicked on; and
- Any search terms that you entered on our website.
We may collect this information even if you do not register with us. This data is anonymous and presented at an aggregated level so that we can use it to improve the site and give customers a better experience in the future. We use Google Analytics to do this and Google stores this information (see the section below entitled “Cookies” for further information).
Data we receive from other sources:
We may on occasion obtain personal information about you from credit reference agencies or our group companies.
What we do with the information collected.
We will use your personal information as follows:
- In order to improve our service to you;
- In order to fulfil orders you have placed with us;
- In order to monitor the usage of our website;
- In order to help us track the traffic we get through our website;
- In order to send any information you have requested from us;
- In order to send marketing correspondence in relation to products or offers we think might be of interest to you;
- In order to personalise repeat visits to our website;
- In order to open and manage your account with us; and
- In order to help us improve the user-experience of our website.
We treat your personal information confidentially and we do not use it for any other purposes. Your personal information will never be supplied to external third-parties (other than those described in this policy) that you have not explicitly consented to unless we are required to do so in order to comply with legal, statutory or regulatory obligations; to prevent and/or to detect crime.
Legal bases on which we use your information.
Under data protection law, we must have a legal basis to use your personal information. We have set out these out below.
We will use your personal information:
- To register and manage your account on the basis that it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you relating to your use of our Online Store;
- To process any order placed by you on the basis that it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you relating to your use of our Online Store;
- To send information you have requested on the basis that you consented to us doing so;
- To send marketing correspondence, on the basis that you have consented to us doing so. Please see the separate “Marketing” section below for further information on this; and
- The use of personal information that is collected through Google Analytics or the other cookies on our website, to monitor how our website is used, the traffic we get through our website, and to help us to improve the user-experience of our website, on the basis that is in our legitimate interests. We do not consider that our legitimate interest in having a well functioning website has a disproportionate effect on your rights because we collect minimal information from you which is largely anonymised. We do not use the information we collect to make any decisions about you; and
- Personal information that is collected by monitoring and recording of communications, on the basis that it is in our legitimate interests. We do not consider that our legitimate interests in maintaining customer/service quality standards, detection of and/or prevention of crime and to ensure that our employees comply with legal obligations and our policies and procedures (including our customer relations practices) has a disproportionate effect on your rights because we collect minimal information about you and do not use the information we collect to make any decisions about you.
How do we keep your information?
We will not keep your Personal Information for longer than we need it for the purposes we have explained above.
We will securely delete personal information you give us through registering an account after 7 years of you deleting your account.
We will securely delete personal information you give us when placing an order after 7 years.
We will securely delete personal information that we have collected through Google Analytics after 7 years.
If you have consented to receiving marketing, you may opt out at any time. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01279 969 888.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us here or click on the Unsubscribe button, which is at the bottom of every marketing email.
If you are a registered user, you can update your details, so you no longer receive email mailings from us.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that are stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following categories of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into any secure areas of our website;
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily;
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you; and
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Service on it more relevant to your interests.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
We do not share the information we gather using cookies with anyone else.
Facebook Pixel and LinkedIn Insight Tag
This website has Facebook pixel and LinkedIn insight tags incorporated into each of its web pages to track conversions and measure the actions taken by users who have clicked onto the site through a Facebook or LinkedIn advertisement.
This tool allows us to track the pages that the user has landed on in order to record the efficacy of Facebook and LinkedIn advertisements. It also allows us to create personalised ads based on your shopping experience with us, by enabling us to create custom audiences that we may use to create retargeted ads. The personal data of individual users cannot be seen, but a hashed version of the user’s data is collected (such as individual Facebook ID or LinkedIn ID, URL, referrer, timestamp, device and browser characteristics (User Agent), and IP address), which is used by Facebook or LinkedIn to enable such ads.
Please click the link below if you would like to opt-out and manage your Facebook Ads settings
Please click the link below if you would like to opt-out and manage your LinkedIn Ads settings
Changes to the policy and privacy
How to contact us
By email to our Data Protection Coordinator; email@example.com
Or write to us at; Data Protection Coordinator, SOP International LTD, ICON, Grafton House, Third Ave, Harlow CM19 5AW.